Innovate Coalition Inc. is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working, and committed interns. Interns can come from a wide range of interests and majors, but should be committed to entrepreneurship, civic engagement, and be interested in working hard to support the mission of Innovate Coalition Inc. We offer internships in the Greater Washington, D.C. / Maryland / Virginia Region. Innovate Coalition will work with you to also explore credit for your internship.
Interns are an important part of the Innovate Coalition team and are immediately given independence and responsibility. Interns will provide administrative support managing our database and contacts and will complete office tasks to support staff members. Interns may also be asked to complete special projects and provide support for Innovate Coalition events. While interns will work with staff members in all areas of Innovate Coalition, they will be assigned to one of the following fields:
Communications: Interns working in communications will provide support to the communications director and staff members. Work will include support with social media, including facebook, twitter, and our website. Assignments may include blogging and tracking of promoted articles and news sources. Communications interns will also be responsible for press clippings each week. Interns working in communications should be strong writers and speakers.
Partnerships: Interns working on partnerships will work closely with Startup America Partnership staff members working on our relationships with firms both sponsoring and providing resources to Innovate Coalition. Much of the work will include focusing on correspondence and participating in conference calls with partner firms, maintaining the database of partners, and completing projects as directed by partnerships staff members.
Startup Regions: Interns working on startup regions will work with the executive team and entrepreneurial leaders from across the country in order to help build strong startup communities. Work will include assisting in the evaluation of the status of current ecosystems, research and identifying best practices from vibrant communities, PR and social media support for region launches and ongoing programs, tracking the progress of launched regions, and participating in conference calls to facilitate the launch of regional programs.
Website/Platform: Interns working on website and platform development will work closely with staff to help maintain and improve our website and platform where entrepreneurs can find the resources we offer.
- Undergraduate and graduate college students
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Ability to commit at least 15 hours per week (flexible structure, either broken out into 2 or 3 days per week)
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills is a must, as successful candidate will work both internally with Startup America Partnership colleagues and externally with entrepreneurs from across the country
- Interest in and ability to work in both a team environment and alone with minimal direction
- Demonstrated personal computer skills, including basic troubleshooting and use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the willingness to learn other software tools
- Demonstrated use and comfort navigating Web 2.0 sites and tools, including blogs, social networks, video and photo sharing, etc.
- Interest in supporting entrepreneurs and the spirit of entrepreneurship in the United States
- Compensation: Internships with Innovate Coalition are paid.
To Apply: Please either fill out the form below, email a cover letter and resume to Mary Mateus at [email protected] or via fax to 888-944-6461. In your cover letter please specify which days you are available to work (if you know) and which department you would be most interested in working. Any questions can be directed to Mary Mateus at the above email address or at 888-944-6461. The deadline for Summer 2020 applications is June 15, 2020. Applications after the deadline will be accepted on a rolling basis as space allows.